Word of Mouth Marketing Manifesto
People are already talking about your business, every customer that you get through you doors today could have something to say to someone, good or bad is up to you. In these competitive times every business should have and active word of mouth marketing strategy.
I think one of the saddest things is when a business worked hard to gain a new customer just to lose them through shoddy service an inferior products. You might not think so but every customer is an asset and treated well they can become a brand evangelist and put be the direct cause of R1000’s in profit in your pockets.
In a nutshell word of mouth is all about excellence in all areas of your business. What your shop looks like, how your products are packaged, how you treat your customers are all huge factors in whether that customer will have something good or bad to say about your business.
People love to talk it’s your job to make sure that talk is singing your praises.
So with every past, present and new customer you have the opportunity to make your business great and generate more business but it’s up to you to find out about and implement a mention worthy word of mouth strategy.
Word of Mouth Marketing campaigns can be as simple as ensuring you thank your customers for their support, we all want to feel like a regular or “local” it’s really up to you as a businessman to create that environment in your establishment.
You need to realise that in spite of your current old marketing spend, most people will still talk to someone about their decision before they buy, the reality your word of mouth footprint in a community will have a massive impact on your long-term success.
The Word of Mouth Marketing Manifesto
- Ethics come first.
- Happy customers are your best advertising. Make people happy.
- Marketing is easy. Earn the respect and recommendation of your customers. They will do your marketing for you, for free.
- Great service starts great conversations.
- Marketing is what you do, not what you say.
- Negative word of mouth is an opportunity. Listen and learn.
- People are already talking. Your only option is to join the conversation.
- Be interesting or be invisible.
- If it’s not worth talking about, it’s not worth doing.
- Make the story of your company a good one.
- It’s more fun to work at a company that people want to talk about.
- Use the power of word of mouth to make businesses treat people better.
- Honest marketing makes more money.
The famous Word of Mouth Marketing book by author Andy Sernovitz is definitely one of the definitive guides filled with numerous word of mouth marketing examples, I highly recommend you get it, it’s available on Amazon.com.